Warnings And Precautions
It is safe for most people to use TENS/EMS. However, the electrical impulses that a TENS/EMS unit produces may cause a buzzing, tingling, or prickling sensation, which some people may find uncomfortable. In very rare occasions, an electrical current will be too intense for a patient, causing burning or irritation on the skin.
DO NOT use the device if you have any of the following medical conditions:
- An implanted cardiac pacemaker, defibrillator or other implanted metallic or electronic device.
- Are pregnant.
- Have epilepsy.
It is recommended that you consult your medical practitioner before use if you:
- Have been diagnosed with cancer.
- Have suffered acute trauma or a recent surgical procedure.
- Have cardiac problems or cardiac disease.
- Have an abdominal hernia.
- Have venous thrombosis.
The device is intended for use by adults. Use on children is possible, but should only occur with adult supervision.
- Stimulation should not be applied directly over the heart, on the neck area or on the temples.
- Apply the electrode pads only to normal, intact, clean skin.
- Do not apply over open wounds or over swollen or infected areas.
- Never use the device while driving, operating machinery or during activities in which involuntary muscle contractions may endanger yourself or others.
- Never immerse the device in any liquid.
- Never use the device while sleeping.
- This device should only be used with the accessories provided by the manufacturer.
If you experience skin irritations or any other adverse reactions then treatment should be stopped immediately. You should consult with your medical practitioner about further use of the device.